Wednesday 14 July 2010

The Answer is Blowing in the Wind.............

Hey man - what day is it? What's happened? Where am I? Where have I been? I've lost a couple of days. I feel terrible. My head feels like it's full of cotton wool. "No change there then." Who said that? Oh no, it's only Tabby, that poncy brother of mine. He's the last thing I need today. I'll ignore him.

Ah now, wait a minute, things are starting to become clearer. The last thing I remember is dozing in the evening sun. The one I don't trust was sitting talking to the pretty one. He had a little pot in his hand which he had brought back from the garden centre. "They'll like that" she said, "it says on the label that it attracts cats." He seemed less than enthused. "Attracts cats! We've already got three of the damn things" he said, "how many more do you want?" She gave him one of her looks! He is very ungrateful at times, after all he doesn't have to live in my house if he doesn't want to.He looked around the garden wondering where he should plant it. After a long and thoughtful deliberation, he came up with three or four well reasoned proposals and they discussed the merits of each in great detail. It was then decided by a show of hands, well her hand anyway, that it should be planted somewhere completely different. The pretty one went indoors, and muttering under his breath, he fetched the trowel, dug a little hole and planted it. He watered it, and then followed her indoors.

I decided to investigate. The label from the pot was lying on the path - "Catmint" it read. Catmint, Catmint - that's the same as Catnip! Surely not I thought, my very own supply of Catnip. I usually have to pay Mad Harry and Slasher Sid half a dozen prawns for just a few leaves. They control the local supply you see, and that's the going rate in these parts. I sniffed the plant, and gradually things started to get a bit hazy. I felt light headed. Way out man! I chewed on the leaves, and before I knew it I was humming old Grateful Dead songs. No idea who they are? Well, after that it's all a bit of a blur.I vaguely recall sitting on the back wall wearing a flower behind my ear, with two pink elephants and a unicorn, discussing the meaning of life - don't know where they came from, I've not seen them round here before. I also tried to fly - I was very good at the going down bit, but I think the going up needs more practice. I remember nothing else until I woke up a little while ago. I must have had a psychedelic experience - whatever one of those is. Let this sorry little tale be a warning to you other cats out there. Lay off the catnip - no good will come of it. Remember, just say no!
Well, that's my lot for today. Think I'll get rid of temptation, and dig that plant up. Dig it man. Ho Ho Ho... Must be careful not to trip. Ho Ho Ho... It looks like a weed anyway. Ho Ho Ho... "That's enough rotten puns." What? It's that Tabby again! Just ignore him. I still don't feel too good you know - probably cold turkey, cold turkey, mmmmmmmmm.... I'm really hungry. Do you know how many hippies it take to change a light bulb? Six, one to change the bulb, and five to share the experience man!!!! Peace and love to all, except Tabby. What a Life! AlbertThe(zonked out)Cat.

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I wish I have some fresh cat nip.
    Jake the red tabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great trip while it lasted. HEE HEE. You do look wasted. Hope you feel better soon... Back to normal anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL! You're too funny, Albert. Enjoy that nip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your catnip plant, Albert! How big is it? I've got one that must be four feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL!...You are such a silly boy, Bert, we enjoyed your post as always!...Got nip?...We'll be right over, handsome!!...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Albert. You should write a book. Your posts are always hilarious. You just make my day. Oh, and pass the nip please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude your own catnip. Wow that is so cool - and like, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I am addicted to da evil weed. Love da NIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Go ask Alice, I think she'll know....and remember....what the doormouse said....."

    "Every kitty must get STONED!!" MOL!!!

    Loved the blog!
    Congrats on your award!
    Caren Gittleman Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun blog! Love that spaced out kitty look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations pal on your award. We felt bad cuz we were too busy with the Award thingy this past week to do any blog reading, but I told M we had to catch up on your's cuz you always leave us laughing. Oh - we has some of dat cat mint stuff in our yard too, but I don't like it. Maybe we should send the plant to you. he he

    ReplyDelete
  12. if you realy loe your cat and want to stay with your cat 24 hours then check out this amazing technique how to stop a cat from spraying
    [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9qIWOSZ7aU]CAts[/url]

    ReplyDelete